2022 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2022, eleven summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation "John Mather Nobel Scholar," plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2022 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Lily Clough - University of Tulsa
- Claire Finley - Villanova University
- Ze-Wen Koh - Cornell University
- Jaime Landeros - Cal Poly Pomona
- Olivia Lyall - University of Virginia
- Rahil Makadia - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Marco Marrufo - California State University, Long Beach
- Alyssa Mills - Baylor University
- Elizabeth Neights - George Washington University
- Timothy Proudkii - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Anna Taylor - North Carolina State University