2021 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2021, eleven summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation "John Mather Nobel Scholar," plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2021 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Rachel Berley - Salisbury University
- Madeline Casas - Stanford University
- Lee Roger Chevres Fernandez - California Institute of Technology
- Adam Friedman - University of Michigan
- Lori Huseby - College of St. Scholastica
- Shane Lowe - Stanford University
- Thomas Monahan - Bates College
- Lana Tilke - Connecticut College
- Edward Tocco - University of Maryland
- Avery Walters - University of Virginia
- Kierra Wilk - Brown University