2019 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2020, nine summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation "John Mather Nobel Scholar," plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2020 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Milena Crnogorcevic - University of Maryland
- Benjamin Crooke - Skidmore College
- Luiz Fernando Guedes dos Santos - Catholic University of America
- Emma Mirizio - University of Maryland
- Lucas Pabarcius - Wesleyan University
- Emileigh Shoemaker - University of Arizona
- Emily Silich - University of Iowa
- Natasha Stamler - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Grace Zimmerman - University of Central Arkansas