2019 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2019, nine summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation "John Mather Nobel Scholar," plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2019 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Seamus Anderson - Curtin University
- Jeremy Auclair - Institut Superieur de L'Aeronautique et de l'Espace
- Kayla Bigham - Clemson University
- Charles Bowers - University of Michigan
- Sierra Casten - University of Texas
- Stela Ishitani Silva - The Catholic University of America
- Justin Long - University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Ryan Morris - University of Maryland
- Joe Taylor - University of Maryland