2017 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2017, twelve summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation "John Mather Nobel Scholar," plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2017 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Daniel Brack - University of Colorado
- Zachary Bruick - Colorado State University
- Jalal-ud-din Butt - Central Connecticut State University
- Jordan A Caraballo-Vega - University of Puerto Rico
- Natalie DeNigris - University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Jessica Fayne - University of California, Los Angeles
- Allison Fox - Pennsylvania State University
- Jitin Krishnan - George Mason University
- Violet Replicon - New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Sarena Robertson - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Kristine Romich - California State University, Northridge
- Katarina Yocum - Emory University