2013 John Mather Nobel Scholars
In July 2013, eleven summer interns at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Maryland were awarded John Mather Nobel Scholarships by The National Space Grant Foundation, Inc. The funding for the scholarships originated in a generous contribution from the John and Jane Mather Foundation for Science and the Arts which in turn was funded from the award of the 2006 Nobel Prize for Physics to Dr. Mather.
The award consists in the designation “John Mather Nobel Scholar,” plus a $3000 scientific travel grant over a two year period.
The 2013 John Mather Nobel Scholars are:
- Andrew Abraham- Lehigh University
- Jessica Avva- University of Chicago
- Caitlin Bailey- Montana State University
- Michael Finch- Florida Institute of Technology
- Jonathan Flugel- CUNY Baruch College
- Mariel Friberg- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Marie McBride-Florida Institute of Technology
- Christopher WIlson- University of Florida
- Christopher Wing- The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- Anthony Yee- University of Rochester
- Emily Zimovan- Purdue University